Thursday, February 3, 2011

This Week's Winner of the Dave Parker Award for Excellence: Mickey Mantle


Having already included Yankees teammate Roger Maris in this pantheon of excellence, something I read yesterday reminded me of ol' #7. The man with the one of the greatest names in the history of proffessional sports deserves his place amongst the Mount Rushmore of athletes who strived to be excellent at excellence whilst enjoying a smoke.

Mickey, as long as I've been alive, I've been a baseball nut. Despite the fact you played for the Bronx Bombers, my hatred for the pinstriped pricks doesn't run as far back as the days when I was but a twinkle in some dude's eyes.

If there was ever any question of your excellence and the legacy you left, look no further than the post below. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment