Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Italians Do It Better - Commercials

I think it has already been established that I am a fan of all forms of soccer, and with that comes an understanding of the rest of the world's means of marketing the beautiful game.

From my time in Europe and hours spent watching 0-0 draws between the likes of Napoli and Genoa, I know a thing or two about the Italian game. Despite the fact I despise much of the negative tactics and static forms of football Italian managers employ, I'll still watch the most boring of matches.

The Italian Serie A and its primary sponsors TIM have released some short television adverts in the past to sell their product. Having said that, is there a better way to sell anything than with the image of Belen Rodriguez, the main squeeze of Roma's Marco Borriello?

The answer to that query would be a resounding no.



Holy shit - I need a moment.

Mr. Borriello, you are a lucky man.

I also cannot complain much about their ad for last year's World Cup;



Nor for this one;



Or this one that has me suddenly interested in volleyball;



Throw those in the old spank bank boys, and remember, everything you read here is the truth - so when I say Italians do it better - despite the fact that I'm a caker who attended an all-boys Italian high school to much ridicule - take heed because I speak the truth.

As a parting note, I'd like to do something against my ethical belief system and thank Chelsea for beating United 2-1 at Stamford Bridge. When my Gunners win the league I'll be sure to send a few bacon butties and a spot of tea your way ya.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment