Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ruminations 17.0

What is up wardies?

Feeling a little lazy at the moment, so instead of continuing my rant on concussions in major professional sports, linked below is an article from today's Toronto Star following-up on studies performed by the University of Calgary.

One in Five Concussed NHLers Returned To Play In Same Game: Study

For all the criticisms of the Star found on this very site, I should point out that the man who penned the above article, Star staff writer Randy Starkman, has long been a supporter of both Canadian Olympic sports and amateur athletes.

How's that for positive reinforcement of the city's largest source of back-up shit tickets? Having said that, I have a hard time taking anybody named Randy seriously.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Moving on. How about a little well-deserved Star hating. In today's Entertainment section, a lengthy profile of the play Calendar Girls can be found on the front cover.

I'm not one to judge other's forms of entertainment, nor am I here to bash a courageous sans-clothing performance by a bunch of old English ladies that has raised nearly $5 million (CDN) for Cancer research- Kudos to the women for their equivalent of The Full Monty.

The problem I have is with the photo on the front page of the Entertainment section featuring a promotional shot for the play. It features the six naked women from the play, each of whom has a strategically placed item veiling their unmentionables from the public view.

Nevertheless, and as usual, the Toronto Star has fucked this one up because there a bloody titty there for all to see. Look, to get me wrong, I like tits. A lot. But when I'm enjoying my morning coffee, I could do without seeing the right nipple of a woman in her 60's.

If you'd care to see it for yourself, it's the second lady from the left and she is old as fuck.

Fuck it - here's a link to the photo if its still up on the site.

Calendar Girls - Toronto Star

Perhaps I'm making mountains out of mole hills here, but void of a fantasy for nailing octogenarian librarians against the periodical racks, this photo does nothing for me. Shame on you Toronto Star for not employing people who can adequately fact check, edit, and for that matter, write.

I cannot wait to read tomorrow's letter to the editors, in hopes of finding a letter laced with vitriol and a tone of seriousness, something I hope has not be misinterpreted in this post - because I'm just playing around with y'all sensibilities.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


In realization of the fact that the above is more or less a piece of fluff, I've got to run, but fear not, the time travel research is coming along well and I should be able to post something later tonight about a famous man who died 56 years ago yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment