Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Treevenge: A Film Short

Greetings to the motley crew of rapscallions, petty thieves, sex offenders, perverts, and the legally blind that flock by the thousands daily to this website - your commitment has not gone unnoticed.

Thanks to you, I am now able to monetize the site by inserting subtle Google ads, allowing me to forsake my dreams of becoming an oceanographer to put the entirety of my focus and energies towards this site.

Imagine my delight when I received a check for $0.31 this morning.

I know what you're thinking; I'm probably going to cash it and buy 5 mini sour keys. Well my friend(s), you'd be wrong as fuck - I'm going to buy that commemorative $2 multi chromatic bill celebrating America's National Parks as seen on late-night television and have it sealed in a melamine casing that will forever preserve its value.

Fuck investing in an ever-growing resource like gold when I can buy a bank note of less value than a dog-eared and coffee stained Sergei Berezin rookie card.

My apologies for running off on a tangent there, but I wanted to throw a little filler your ways since today's post is nothing more than the embedding of a 16 minute short video by Jason Eisner, the Canadian responsible for Hobo With A Shotgun.

Mr. Eisner entered a contest in conjunction with the 2009 South By Southwest festival to create a short film, only to win the competition and have it optioned for major theatrical release.

The short, titled "Treevenge", couldn't be more Canadian if it starred Anne Murray and Burton Cummings as feuding parents of twin, ginger Minor Bantam hockey hosers played by Eugene Levy and Rick Moranis.

Anyways, enjoy the short and hopefully I'll have something of a higher intellectual standard for my followers foaming at the mouth for the byzantine content of norm.

No comments:

Post a Comment