Friday, April 8, 2011

Suspend Nick Swisher

Let me preface this brief post by providing two key variable;

1) I hate the fuckin' New York Yankees.

2) I participate in an extremely hardcore and labour intensive online Fantasy Baseball league with 11 other gentlemen from all over the U.S.

My first round pick Evan Longoria had been shelved for 15 days, and Twins 2nd Baseman Tsuyoshi Nishioka was performing adequately in his place.

This league does not a designated slot for disabled lists, so you can see the problem I face especially considering I own Rockies hurler Ubaldo Jimenez who is also on the 15 day DL.

With those variables considered, I must also preface the following video by saying I played baseball for years. I understand the existence of an unwritten rule stating that a baserunner should do everything within the rules to disrupt an opposing player at a base.

Yankees troglodyte Nick Swisher does more than this, sliding well off the base path, sweeping, rather kicking his leg, striking the Twins player in the patella and shattering his fibula.



Fucking prick.

Also, Nishioka was playing in only his 5th game as a Twinkie since signing from Japan where he was a perennial All-Star and all-around nice guy.

Post-game, Swisher met with Nishioka following a positive X-Ray result. The Twins 2nd baseman said he had no hard feelings against Swisher, a sentiment that was echoed by other Twins players and longtime manager Rod Gardenhire.

Regardless, this was a scrappy play taken a little to far.

Nonetheless, Nick Swisher is a prick and the Yankess suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment