Thursday, December 2, 2010

Things Done Changing: My Opinion of Lebron

Boy, am I glad tonight is over and done with. The result may not have been the one I had initially wanted, crafted in compliance with the angry, biased and journalistic integrity-breaching built-up penned by the likes of Adrian Wojnerowski - but alas I am pleased with the outcome.

I'm not a Lebron guy, nor can I argue that he is not a physical aberration and probably the prototype of all future cloned professional basketball players. Something about him bothers me and the whole "The Decision" spectacle left a gnarley taste in my mouth probably more than it should have.

From the moment I first witnessed the King James show live and up-close, I hated the talcum-powder toss, the seemingly disingenuous smiles and the way he walked on his toes (something that is not as apparent on TV - my dislike for which is based on growing-up amongst ethnically confused boys whose fancy for 'urban wear' with soquettes and Jordan's led to an over-reliance of the metatarsals.)

Tonight I forgot all about it.

The Heat took the Cavs out-back of the shed and whipped them like they just cursed at they mamas. Lebron looked engaged, interested and motivated. It's about fucking time buddy. For Christ's sake, he dropped 24 in the third. Shit.

This could be a turning point for the Heat, but they still suck, have awkward offensive schemes and sets and are perhaps the least-balanced team in the league.

The cause of Cavs supporters, whose misfortune became a nation's point of both pity and sympathy, was erased in but one night with the chorus of boos and cruel signs.

We have felt your pain and joined you in your hatred of the smug face seen on "The Decision", but he torched your asses, decided to leave a bleak and insipid Midwestern town for the T&A of Miami and that's that. You've had your moment on the soap-box, your cries were heard, and we've had enough.

It's a sport and a business, and as fans, let's face it, sometimes we care a whole hell of a lot more than the athletes themselves.

Can you blame the pencil-pusher for jumping at the opportunity to move from the cramped cubicle to the corner office? Nope.

In the spirit of the holidays, I'm going get off the man's back and leave him be. If a dissenting opinion of the man should come-up, I'll do what the people of Cleveland should do, and keep it to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment