Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Things Done Changed: What Happened To The Alley-Oop

Well the Miami Heat are 0-1 and I couldn't be happier. As I previously stated, I am switching my allegiances this year and placing my full-support behind the Boston Celtics.

If there was a negative from last night's game - it would be the lack of Rasheed on the Celtics bench cracking wise. Mr. Wallace is currently without a team, and boy do I miss his antics.



After watching that compilation of pre-Celtics Rasheed, I must admit that I had completely forgotten about his skills. Some of those one-handed lobs are disgusting, which reminds me; what happened to the alley-oop? Amidst years of excessive spleef consumption and a general disregard for sweating in practice, Rasheed used to throw it down with some lanky authority. Where once NBA highlight reels were consumed by the alley-oop, it seems these days the slam dunk has become an egocentric pursuit practiced single-handedly and the alley-oop has become a rarity.

"I represent Harlem World, not Melrose Place"

Just like Sheed's hops, R.I.P. Big L

In case you were wondering, this site has not exclusively become a sports website. There are some interesting bits n' bobs coming through the pipes - be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment